Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Post-Shattering Durotar

Today is my first post in a series I will continue up to and part way into Cataclysm describing the general feel and questing experience of each of the changed and completely new zones. Today I played through Durotar on my brand new Troll Druid.

For the most part it felt like the old Durotar but with a more economical questing experience. There were a few old quests brought back such as collecting crawler mucus and killing human marines, but several changed ones. In the quest to collect Burning Blade collars there was an interesting debuff added which would turn you into a demon boosting a few stats if it ever built up to a 5 stack. The most fun in my opinion however were the new quests including an amazing chain that sent you through the newly flooded western half of the zone helping various npcs you come across.

This is not even mention the brand new troll starting area which is a little slow to start with but builds up quick using fresh new mechanics and culminating in a Battle For Undercityesque boss fight. After completing all these I landed at a healthy lvl 12. Overall I would say this starting zone is miles better than all the ones I played pre shattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment